Merry Christmas!
For Christmas Eve, we went to our good friends' house to celebrate. Between our family and theirs, we had a good bunch of kids to do the nativity story with.
Makenna played Mary
Natalie was a wise man. Or should we say wise woman? :) She didn't want to wear the pants suggested...she opted for the fashion belt and shiny box for her gift to the baby.
It is tradition in my family to hit a pinata every Christmas Eve. We only usually do one when we are home for Christmas, but this year we got one for us. The last time we attempted a pinata with Natalie, she was shaking and screaming "DON'T HIT IT!!!". It was rather traumatic. We talked a lot about the pinata before hand this time. She assured me there would be no crying and screaming. And I am proud to say that she did a job! :)
Makenna getting a little help finding the pinata from Dad.
Natalie takin' a big swing
This little one was made for pinatas. She didn't need to be told what to do. We handed her the stick and she went for it!
Watching the big kids hit.
Natalie with her loot after the pinata broke.
Our friends, are so kind, and gave the girls this awesome barbie car. They LOVE it and were so excited to receive it!
We got home about at about 755...right in time to see Santa on the reindeer cam! He reloads at 8pm and we got to see him!
Then the girls opened their Christmas Eve present....
NEW JAMMAS!
With a matching nightgown for their dollies!
We made sure to leave out the cookies for Santa:
Makenna's:
Natalie's:
CHRISTMAS MORNING!
The girls slept til about 7. They were excited and ready to go!
Yay for stockings!
They both scored some new pink cowgirl boots.
When Natalie found hers, she quickly put them on and ran and got her horse...haha. She rode it all the way there and posed. :)
Natalie's big gift was an 18" doll. She was very excited!
Makenna's was a new bike! She also was very excited!
I didn't take very many pictures...not one of Richard or I. Boo.
But to my defense, I had the flu that was going around, we found lice on the girls that morning :(, and I had a kidney stone. So actually, I am quite surprised at how many pictures I took!
We do feel very blessed this Christmas with all the blessings we are given each day. We are so grateful for the gift of our Savior Jesus Christ. For His life, His example, His love, and His atoning sacrifice. May we all feel His love and the Christmas spirit through out the entire year!
Merry Christmas!