9.30.2011

Reading

We LOVE it!
Makenna is loving reading on her own now. She is doing really well too! I have her read the Dick and Jane books. They are awesome for beginning readers. They use A LOT of repetition, which has really helped Makenna. And she can read or sound out every word in the book. Some of the beginning reader books I have found have some really difficult words in them. So we really love these ones!


Natalie loves reading too and has almost all of our books and current library books memorized :). She reads her favorites to me. She will choose reading books over doing pretty much anything else. Her favorite right now is Pinkalicious. And a new thing she started a few days ago, is to read the scriptures. When I hear her doing this, it makes me realize that she really is listening to our family scripture time! She will say phrases like, "it came to pass", and "the lamenites". And she always makes me sit still with no talking. :)