We were eating dinner when the thunder started (thunder, but no rain). It was some deep, house rattling thunder! The girls were nervous about it and I told them they could pray for help not to be scared. So Natalie did. I was helping her pray and said, "and bless us with rain". Natalie looked up at me and said, "No!" She wouldn't say it. So she ended her prayer and then I explained how we really need water and we need to pray for it to come!
Makenna said she would pray for it and did it right then. Five minutes later I looked out the window and saw drops of rain falling on the pavement. I told Kenna to come see and she when she saw the rain she said, "I prayed for it! I prayed and then it happened!" We went out onto our porch and watched the rain and Makenna said a second prayer thanking Heavenly Father for the rain that was sent. It was such good moment for all of us! A testimony that prayers really are answered!
You may think...well duh...when there is thunder, there is rain. But we have had lightening and thunder for the last few days with no rain at all. And our friends just a few miles down the road didn't get any rain last night, even when we did. And it lasted about 20 minutes or so. And we LOVED it!
The faith of a child is amazing!