8.22.2011

One Big Day

Well, today was the day I have been dreading since June 29, 2006 (Makenna's bday). Okay, maybe not that long...but really, I haven't been looking forward to it.

Makenna started Kindergarten today!

She was so excited to go, she couldn't sleep. She came in our bedroom twice last night asking if it was time to get ready for school. And once morning came, she jumped out of bed and was ready to start the day. She helped me get her lunch packed and ready, showered, ate breakfast and got dressed in the outfit she had picked the night before.



Isn't she cute?





She picked out her lunch box. Apparently she loves kitties. I had no idea until she fell in love with this lunch bag.


Waiting at the bus stop.

Whyis it dark, you may ask? Because it is 7am! School starts before 8am here for the little ones. It is going to take a long time to get used to that!

The bus stop was a family affair :)


Kenna and her bus.
She was cute and tried to walk to the back of the bus. The bus driver had to ask her to come back up and sit in front. She was so excited!!!

Richard went to the school to help her find her class. Unfortunately, he never found where the busses dropped off the kids. BUT luckily she found it just fine. :) He snapped this picture of her happily playing with play dough. We are excited about her teacher. Makenna came home and said, "My teacher is awesome!"

I am proud to say, that I held it together pretty well. I did tear up as she got on the bus and the bus took her away, but I didn't allow any tears to fall! I would say our first day as a public school family went well. Hopefully the rest of the week will go as smoothly!

We are proud of our Kenna for doing so well her first day! It's crazy to think she is so big and going to school all day like all the big kids do! We LOVE Makenna!