8.23.2013

a decade

Today, Richard and I are celebrating being together a full decade.
I told Richard last night that those ten years went by fast. He said, "Time flies when you're having fun." :)

Our first picture as a married couple. Right outside the doors of the Seattle Temple.

My beautiful Mother and me.





Showing off my fancy shoes. My girls are appalled that I wasn't wearing heals. "Are you wearing tennis shoes Mom!? WHY?! Why aren't you wearing heals!?" Haha. 


Emily, Sarah, me and Lindsay. 

With our parents

Grandpa and Grandma Carlson, us, and my parents.

Richard and his Dad

Richard and his Mom

My Dad and me

Kimberlynn was my flower girl. She is now 12!

Richard's favorite part of our wedding day...the car. ;)


They tried to trick me by making me think we were driving this away.


Our wedding party.
Ken, Shari, Chris, Jared, Cory, Michael, Richard, me, Ashlee, Kimber, Stephanie, Janaye, Leanne, Clay

It has been a wonderful 10 years. 
Filled with love and laughter, trials and heartache, and JOY.
It has certainly gone differently than I thought it would, and who knows how the next 10 years will go. But I say...bring it on! With this amazing man by my side, we can do it all! 

Last night we figured out that we have owned 15 cars and moved 10 times.
We have welcomed 2 beautiful daughters and 17 nieces and nephews. 
We have had to evacuate our home twice. And rebuilt one once. 
We have had 4 trips to the emergency room. And 3 broken bones.
We have planted 9 gardens.
Owned 4 dogs. Many fish. 2 turtles. 1 frog. 2 birds.
We have celebrated 30 birthdays (including the girls') together.
We have been in 7 wards (church congregations) and held 22 callings (church assignments). 
We have lived in 3 states...actually 4...thanks for pointing that one out Dad! :)

We are so very blessed and we feel it everyday. 

♥ I love you Richard Kenyon. ♥