7.25.2011

Pros and Cons

Well we made it!

We are settling in to our little house in Austin. Everything worked out perfectly. Our cars arrived the day before we did and our moving truck got here 2 days after. The day without our stuff we spent at the pool. :)

Cons of Texas living so far:

the bugs. ew.

the extreme heat

no winco (who'd of thought I would miss my grocery store!)

too hot to go to the park or on bike rides

not having real grass

the bugs (yes this deserves two spots on the list!)

Pros so far:

a bag of only banana popsicles! (this is a dream come true!...I almost sent a letter to the popsicle company last summer to see if I could order a bag of all banana!)

air conditioning everywhere we go

swimming pools

fountains at the mall that my kids can play in

our church that is the same, no matter where you live


We have taken a lot of pictures so far, but my computer is not working, so I can't upload them. I am sure there is another way, but between unpacking and entertaining my little ladies, I don't have time to figure it out.


But here is cute story...


We went to Walmart to stock up on food for our pantry/fridge. My girls were doing well in the cart, when all of the sudden Natalie started screaming. It turns out Makenna "accidentally" bit Natalie. Yes, that is right. My 5 year old BIT her sister. I was not happy. I picked up Natalie and hugged and loved her. Makenna was crying in part for feeling bad and in part for getting in trouble. While I was caring for Natalie, she says to me,

"Mom, will you give Kenna a hug?"

I asked her to repeat what she said. I couldn't believe that my 2 year old was thinking of her sister before herself!

But sure enough, that is what she wanted. I gave Makenna a hug, humbled by Natalie's sweetness. I put Natalie down by Makenna and Nati began to stroke Kenna's cheeks and wipe her tears away. She was saying things like, "It's okay. It was an accident. You didn't mean to."

Natalie's actions and attitude blew me away. It still does. I have so much to learn from these little girls!