7.06.2011

Birthday Week

Makenna is 5 now!

Crazy, I know!

I wasn't ready for it...but it happened anyway.

She, on the other hand, is more than excited to be 5.


We had "birthday week", as I call it. It was fun, but I am glad it's over. Next year we will be sure to have a birthDAY, not week :).



It started on Monday, with my mom giving Kenna presents. She and my dad were leaving for Hawaii the day before Kenna's bday, so they gave them early. (We tried to talk them into taking Makenna to Hawaii with them, since it was her birthday...but they wouldn't). She loves all the gifts! Thank you!



The next night we did a family bday party at the Kenyon's! It was lots of fun! Uncle Michael did all the decorating...he's a good uncle! (and bro. in-law!...those ceilings are too tall for me!)



About to dig into her cupcakes. Yum! (Isn't she cute?!)




Opening gifts! Grandma gave her some really cute clothes! Kenna couldn't wait to get them on! Thanks for the gifts! She loves them!


She had been asking for an American Doll for a long time. Her cousins have them and she loves them. So I got her a look a like. :) And she is a hit! She has already had 3 different names, but goes everywhere with us.



On her actual birhtday (Wednesday, June 29th) we went to Chuck E Cheese's with the Riding cousins. I think she had a good time and got some fun gifts from them too!



And look what she got! Okay those are just clip-ons. She did really want to get her ears peirced, but chickened out in the end. Which is just fine with me. She has issues about things touching her body (hmm...I wonder where she gets that from...) and we weren't sure if she could handle them just yet. So she declared for her 6th birthday she will get them pierced.


Playing a little skeeball. Fun times!


We are so proud of the little girl our Makenna is turning out to be! She is a great big sister and mommy's little helper. She is very social and loves to be around friends/cousins all the time. And she always wants to be on the go. Her first question almost every day is what are we going to do today? Followed by a list of ideas...which usually include swimming, parks, friends, picnics or chuck e cheese. :)


She is reading a little and loves to sound out words or figure out how to spell things. She loves bike rides, parks, swimming, watching movies, playing with friends, barbies, little petshop, eating at McDonald's, popsicles, and she sings whenever she is alone.


We LOVE our Kenna girl!