11.26.2008

A Friend in Need

We all have times when we need help. I know that when our little family went through all of the trouble with our home being flooded we had an outpooring of love. It was AMAZING. We had so many family and friends donate their time, money, building materials, furniture and a warm place to stay. We felt so blessed.

My friend Emily has brought to my attention a friend a need. I don't know this young lady, but my heart goes out to her. Her story is below for you to read. If you want to donate items or money please contact Emily at givebig33@gmail.com. If you can't donate at this time, please say a prayer for her. I can't imagine the heartache she is going thru!

Kara married her husband Hutch Henrie less than a year ago (about 7months). They were so in love and happy. Recently, the newly weds wereinvolved in a tragic accident. I believe Kara was the driver and sheswerved to miss something in the road, but was unable to keep controlof the car. Her husband was thrown from the car and died shortlyafter. If this story isn't heartbreaking enough there is more; Karawas a couple months pregnant when she lost her husband. Not only that,but they did not have life insurance because his company didn't offerit, and she will shortly, if she hasn't already, lose the health carebenefits her husband had through his work. The financial burden on topof the emotional and spiritual heartache is too much for someone tobare on her own. There has been an outpouring of love for Kara and herfamily, but I feel like we can do a lot more. She has to deal with somuch more than I can imagine. Kara's story has really struck me to thepoint that I cannot lie down to go to sleep without thinking about herand what she is going through right at that moment. I do not know Karapersonally, I know her sister-in-law a bit (she is in my ward) but Ihave such a strong feeling that I need to help her. I wanted to doall I could anonymously, but I feel I could do a lot more by askingfor YOUR help. The Henrie family has lost 3 members of their family inless than a decade: Their sister at age 21 to a car accident, theirmother within the past year or so to breast cancer and now theirbrother to another tragic accident. I know that Heavenly Father mustfeel like this family is strong enough to endure the pain and strugglethat they have, but I feel like we can help ease the basic needs ofKara's and help her to focus on the things she needs to in order toget through this hard time. I think about the baby that is such a giftfrom our Heavenly Father, but which might feel like such a burden andshe must have so many mixed emotions about her situation. It wassupposed to be such a happy time for her and her husband to bestarting a family together, and I feel like she can find peaceeventually, but with the stress and burdens she has I feel like sheneeds our help. I know these are tough economic times for a lot ofpeople, but I also know the blessing of giving yourself to a deservingeffort.Here is how you can help:There are 2 separate trust funds set up at Zion's Bank and AmericaFirst, email me if you are interested in donating to one of these andI will send you all the information you need. I am also taking cash orcheck donations in her name, Kara Henrie, as well as cards, gifts,etc. If you know companies or businesses that would like to help outplease let me know and I will do all I can to support them in helping Kara. Please remember her this Holiday Season and find someway to helpbe a part of renewing hope in this devastating situation. For moreinformation or if you have any questions at all please email Emily at givebig33@gmail.com. I would really love to do all we can the quickestthat we can, so do not delay! Thank you, and Happy Holidays!