Today I attempted my first grocery store trip with 2 kids all by myself. I barely survived! First of all I went to WinCo, where they do not accomadate mothers with 2 small children...they don't have special carts for holding more than one child. So I had Makenna in the back (in the big basket) and Natalie in her carseat in the front. Makenna didn't want to sit down and in fact enjoyed jumping. So all through out the store I am constantly saying "Makenna sit down". She then decides that the lunch meat looks good and opens it and eats some. So I had to remind her that we have to buy it first...if only that was the worst part. I then decide that since she can't sit down in the back that she has to sit in the front. So I switch them. This worked out rather well because Natalie's carseat fit on the basket sideways so that I could put things under her (it was a big shopping trip). Well we were in line at the checkout stand and Makenna thinks that the oatmeal that is sitting next to her needs to go in the back. As I am telling her (for the 100th time) that it needs to stay with her, she dumps it over the side and it lands on the floor, opening and spilling. :( I am not happy. So I clean it up, start putting the groceries on the check out counter and turn around to see Makenna eating candy. We didn't have candy in our cart. She grabbed it off the shelf and opened it and ate one. Oh grr. We have to now buy the candy. At WinCo you have to bag your own groceries...and as I started Makenna says...I have to go potty Mamma. What? Right now? Luckily she is pretty good at holding it. So I quickly bagged my groceries and then we went to the bathroom. By the time I got everyone and everything in the car I was sweating and exhausted! How do mom's do this everyday and stay sane? I laugh about it all right now...but I still don't know if I can do this again any time soon. :)