9.18.2008

acid reflux, cholic, and a cold

My poor little baby Natalie was welcomed into the world and just 3 weeks later is suffering from acid reflux (she throws up a lot of her food), cholic (she cries all night from about 7 to 12am), and now has a cold. We took her to the doctor today to make sure she was gaining weight, since she has been throwing up a lot of her food. Luckily she is! She is now 8 lbs! The doctor gave us an antacid that should help if it is acid reflux. If it is not acid reflux then it means she is just being greedy, as the doctor put it, and eats too much. I happened to mention that she seems bothered by it more at night which is when the doctor said the words that no parent wants to hear...you must have a cholicky baby. :( 3 months of screaming every night! Yikes! But at least we know what it is. That will help us not to worry why she is screaming and arching her back and flailing around. Time for more needed advice...I know that some of you must have had a cholicky baby...any tips? The doctor gave us a couple info sheets on helps on certain holds that seem to help, but any of your advice would be great! So to top it all off...she caught our cold. :(. She is congested. Poor little lady. I just wish I could take it all away and make her comfortable. Although she is doing much better today congestion wise then yesterday. Thank heavens for humidifiers!!!
Kenna potty training update: Thanks for all your advice! It is nice to get some outside support! :) She has done AWESOME today! She peed in the potty 3 times today! One of those she told me she had to go (although it was soon after I told Grandma on the phone that she gets popcicles for going in the potty...coincidence? I think not.).