8.04.2010

Grandpa's Non-funeral

My Grandpa requested that we not have a funeral for him. So we had a small (just close family) graveside service. It was good to have all the family together to celebrate Grandpa. Grandpa taught us all many things and we are happy to have known him so well!



Grandpa wanted to be cremated and burried next to Grandma. This the back of the headstone and Grandpa's ashes.



This is the front of the head stone. Grandpa designed it when Grandma died. They had a trailer just like that and went on many trips in it.



My dad and his two sisters, Kari and Lori. Sorry it is so dark...



My cousin Alex and his dad, Uncle Mohesen.



Some of the crowd. My cousin, Darcy, my mom, Stephi, Ash, Great Grandma Mary (my Grandma's step mom), and my Aunt Kari.



My dad giving his remarks.


We met at the church afterwards for lunch. We set up some pictures of Grandpa in the foyer. It was fun to see many of his adventures in one place.


Afterwards we went back to Grandpa's house to start cleaning it out. My Grandparents are well known in our family for keeping EVERYTHING.

**I just found this post (Jan 2014) that was never published**
I still have some of the things that I took from cleaning out the house. I look at them or use them often and think of my grandparents.
I still feel the impact that my Grandpa had on me.
I am grateful for all of his loving service to me and my family.
I love you Grandpa!