5.29.2013

Projects

I have been working on some projects lately...it has been fun to sew again.


This is a bag I made for Natalie's preschool teacher. I had each of the kids (6 of them) draw a picture on fabric with fabric markers and then I put them with this tote. I think it turned out pretty cute. 
The bag is also reversible and can look like this:



This is a quilt that I (and some friends) made for a dear friend. She has a sweet, angel baby, Caleb. We used his clothes, blankets, burp clothes and bibs to make this quilt for her. It was a very special experience to be able to make this for her. 


These are skirts that my nieces, Kimber, Sam and Alli requested when they were here in Feb. They shopped for fabric in my closet and I finally got around to making them. They are SUPER easy and fast (literally only taking 20 min or less for each skirt). 


This is my newest niece! Camryn was born on May 7th. I made her this blanket. After getting the package, her dad sent me this cute picture of her wrapped up in it! I love it!


I also gained a nephew this month! Duke Kenyon was born on May 14th.  So I made him this blanket. I loved the fabric and thought it was so perfect, as he lives on a little farm. :)



And right now I am working on two more totes. One for Makenna's teacher and the other for the teacher's aid that is in her class. I will post pictures of them when I finish. I also spent WAY too much money (shh! don't tell Richard!) at Hobby Lobby buying fabric today. The girls are going to have a couple cute dresses coming their way! I just can't help myself when it comes to those fabric remnants.

I would love to hear about projects you are working on!