I made my first visit to Austin (well probably my only visit...the next time I go there it will be for good)! I think it was successful and it has helped me to feel better about it all. We went out with a realtor to find homes for sell and for rent. And we definately know the areas that we want to live and which to avoid. My cousin, Heather, and her family live there and she took me out one day to show me the ropes. Thanks Heather! We also got to see my other cousin, Lindsey and her husband, Brandon! It is really nice to know that we have some family in town! And it looks like we will live close to Heather and her family...which will be so much fun! Anyways, here are some pictures of our trip...
Richard and I rented these pontoon bikes, called hydro bikes. They were pretty fun to be out on...and really easy to use, but BOY did our bums hurt the next day! :)
(There are rivers running through Austin, but they have dammed them all up, so they call them lakes.)
Richard at TGI Fridays. They have porch seating right outside the famous bat bridge. Apparently the largest urban colony of bats, lives in this bridge. Congress bridge. And at night, when it gets dark, they all swarm out. We waited to see them, along with a hundred other people. Unfortunately we only saw a few come out. Actually...I should say, FORTUNATELY. I am not a big fan of bats. Yuck.
I think this is Lake Austin. It is much prettier there than I expected it to be. All shades of green (it is early spring), rolling hills, and lots of water. It was overcast pretty much the whole time I was there, which is not usual. But I didn't mind. It was, however, 95 degrees...in April! This summer is going to melt us! I guess we will get used to it. In a year from now, I bet I write a post about how we visited Washington and froze ourselves!
Thanks to my wonderful sister in law and her family for taking my little ladies while I was gone. I missed them so much, but it helped to know they were in good hands! This was the longest I have ever been away from them. Makenna stayed home from school today because she said she just missed me too much. I totally agreed.