3.14.2011

Things we have been up to

I really need to be more consistant with this blogging thing.
And I need to take more pictures! :)
It seems like a few months ago all things in our lives were in order and in control and then the opposite happened. If you know me, I don't do well with change and not being in control, so it has been pretty hard on me. But I am learning (slowly) to cope with it all. I just feel a little overwhelmed. But who doesn't right?
Some big news is that we are moving. Where to? All the way to Austin, Texas. Richard found a really good job there with Intel (the same company he is with now) and has been traveling there pretty often. He really likes it there is excited to go experience something new and hopefully love his new position. I am nervous, of course, but am trying to be positive about it. I think it will help when we go visit, so I can see what it is like. I have never been to Austin, but hear great things about it. It will definately be a HUGE change in weather and scenery! :) When do we move? Well someone just put an offer on our house and it looks like the closing date will be sometime in June or July (neither of us are in a big hurry). I am glad to be going before Austust/September, as Kenna starts kindergarten this year.
We just got back from spending a week in Washington with our families. It was really good to be with them. It was a sad occasion, but I was glad I could be there for it. My sister, Ashlee, lost her baby, Ian Wyatt Crabtree, at 35 weeks pregnant. My heart breaks for her and her family. I still cry everyday to think of their loss and pain. We attended a graveside service. I have never felt the spirit so strongly at a funeral serice before. During the service, it rained harder than I have ever seen it rain in Washington. It was like buckets being poured out of the sky. It felt as if Heavenly Father was crying with us and it was a peaceful sound. Ashlee and her husband, Konrad, have so much faith and strength. I can see that they have pain and sadness for losing their sweet son, but I can see that they have faith. I pray for them to recieve peace and comfort from our Savior. I love you Ash and Konrad! I just wish there was something more I could do to help and ease this burden for you.
Some happier news: We got to go to the Great Wolf Lodge for two days last week. It is an indoor water park. Makenna LOVED it. Absolutely every second of it. Natalie loves swimming and playing in water (not on the slides though...she is too timid for that!). But it was too cold for her little body. She would play for about 10 minutes and then would start shivering and want to go sit down with a towel. She has asked to go back, so she must have like it! :) It was too loud in there for me (you had to yell to talk to anyone standing next to you). And too crowded for Richard. But all in all I think we had a great time. It makes us look forward to the many pools and water parks in Austin we can go to! :) (See...I am trying to be positive!)
Kenna gets her cast off tomorrow! Woohoo! This time for good.
Natalie passed her weight check today! She gained one whole pound from 2 months ago! She is a whopping 23.5 lbs now! Crazy to think that Kenna weighed that on her first birthday and Nati is 2 1/2 years old! But I am glad that she is eating better and gaining some weight! They also measured her height and she is 34.25 inches! That is quite a bit higher than her 2 year check up! She is excited to grow bigger...for one reason only...to sit in a booster seat in the car. Poor girl will probably be in a carseat for a long, long time. She just seems to take after my shortness and Richard's metabolism. She'll just be small all her life.
Well that is what has been going on with us. I am sure there is more that I am missing, but we'll leave it at that. :)