Kenna has been saying some pretty funny things lately. I just thought I would share.
A few days ago she corrected my pronunciation of oatmeal. "No Mom. It's oh-pa-mail. Say oh-pa-mail."
The last few days she has been saying, "Can I give this to the garbage?"
I helped Natalie with coloring a picture and then we showed it to Kenna. I said, "Natalie colored this, isn't it pretty?" Her response: "Pretty...Amazing!"
She seems to fit the phrase "what in the world?" into an incredible amount of sentances.
She names everything mom, dad, baby or big sister. The big one is always the dad, the next is the mom, and so forth.
The last time my parents came down to visit, they got stuck in traffic coming to our house. Makenna was sad to go to bed without seeing them. Now whenever we play "mom" (house), she always calls "grandma" and tells her that she can't come now, because she is stuck in traffic. There are just too many cars.
She and her cousin were walking up the stairs, when I had asked them to stay downstairs. I reminded her that she needed to stay downstairs and she said, "but Mom, we are getting married. He is the dad, and I am the mom. We are going to the temple to get married."
She often names here babies crazy names. They seem to be just silly sounds that come out of her mouth first. Like Falla, Keenakoona, and Slar.
When she doesn't want to do something (like eat the rest of her lunch, or help clean up the room) she says, "I just can't mom. I am too busy."