7.26.2009

Our Bentley Man


I am very sad to say that our Bentley died this weekend. He was a good little dog that we loved and we will miss him so much! This has come completely unexpected and so we are all shocked and upset about it. We had Bentley outside at 9pm and he never returned. We were at Richard's parent's house. They live on a few achres with many different wild animals coming through, a stream, and a busy, busy road. We searched for an hour starting at about 1030pm (Bentley was one that would find a dark, quiet spot and curl up there...so we didn't realize he was missing for a while). But found nothing. In the morning...still nothing. So sadly we have to say goodbye to our Bentley buddy without really saying goodbye.
Makenna is having a hard time understanding that Bentley is never coming back. Richard told her that he has gone to live with Jesus and Makenna immediately asked if Jesus had Bentley's leash. She keeps asking where he is. And when we got home today she opened the door and called him to come just like she always does. We had to explain again that Bentley is not coming back. And that he is happy with Jesus.

We had a good almost 5 years with Bentley. I will be honest in saying that Bentley drove me crazy some days with his barking at the door bell, waking the girls up, and being stubborn, but I will miss him (and already do miss him) a great deal. It is the little things that get to me...like when I drop food on the floor I have an urge to call Bentley to come eat it up, or when the door bell rings I expect to hear barking (funny-something that I hated before, but now I miss). We love our Bentley and will never forget him!!!